- The Principal Engineer role will be directly involved in the definition, architecting and development of flight control products and contribute directly to the current and future AVIAGE SYSTEMS products and systems. The successful candidate is expected to have strong technical background and practical expertise in both flight control products and flight control sytems development, and is also expected to use his experience and problem solving skills to develop innovative system and products for both AAM and Part 23/25 aircrafts.
- The role is expected to have strong communication skills and work closely with marketing and business teams to ensure that developed solutions serve market and business needs. The role will work actively with both customers and suppliers/partners to identify new product opportunities and requirements, propose and define cost effective product solutions to meet customer needs.
- Additionally, the role will guide others in achieving technical excellence by demonstrating technical leadership on projects and through mentoring and other capability building activities.
- Lead development of technical solutions for flight control system, product, software, etc.Lead product development process including but not limited to requirement definition, prototyping, architecture designs, HW/SW implementation, integration and verificationPrototype, demonstrate and evaluate advanced designs for validation and proof of conceptsLead system or product technical proposal creation, submission, and customer communication for bid and pursuit of new program opportunity for flight control productsWork with product managers and cross teams to define product and technology roadmap, strategy and proposalsIdentify and engage with suppliers and partners for product selection and developmentProvide technical guidance and mentoring to team in line with business needsDefine and implement plans to meet technical requirements, scheduling, and project objectivesAssure proper technical data and substantiation generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and proceduresParticipate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Master's degree or above in Control, Automation, or Computer Science, etc.Minimum of 10 years’ engineering experience of developing flight control products for aircraft, including flight control computer, flight control law, auto flight system, etc.Minimum 5 years team management or leading experience Familiar with airworthiness regulations and industry standards of flight control system Experience with safety critical design of flight control system, such as redundant flight control electronics designExperience with using MBSE/MBD tools such as Matlab/Simulink and EA for flight control system development and certificationAbility to independently achieve results in a cross-functional environmentAbility to engage and build positive relationships with both internal and external customers and suppliersStrong interpersonal and communication skills, ability of guiding and influencing others
- Extensive background in aerospace electronics/avionics engineering and familiar with industry standards: ARP4754A, ARP4761, DO-178B, DO-254, and DO-160Work experience of related aircraft systems such as IMA, FMS, CNS, ADIRS, etc. and knowledge of flight operations· Familiar with FPGA PLD and other common programmable logic device development process
- Experience with digital interface such as RS485/422, IIC, SPI, A429, A664, A825, etc.
- Extensive program execution experience on medium to large system development
AVIAGE SYSTEMS is a 50/50 joint venture between General Electric Company (GE) and Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) .
Building on a historic partnership between two world-leading aerospace companies, AVIAGE SYSTEMS aims to elevate the future of flight by unleashing our world-class talent, cutting-edge innovation and powerful partnerships.