- The Senior Safety Engineer is responsible forconducting the Safety assessment of avionic systems / products for AVIAGESYSTEMS and will report to the S&RMT (Safety & Reliability,Maintainability Testability) Technical Manager within the Chief EngineeringOrganization.
- In this position, the Senior Safety Engineer willdemonstrate accountability and independence for Safety assessments of avionicssystems and products for AVIAGE SYSTEMS. In this role, the Senior SafetyEngineer will be responsible for improving Safety processes, developing Safetyprogram plans and will be able to execute the Safety activities as per thedefined plan (the Senior Safety Engineer must be able to identify Safetyrequirements based on internal and external customer requirements, conduct applicableanalyses and perform requirements validation and verification at system,sub-systems and products level when related to Safety perimeter). In add
- Conduct Safety analyses and assessments (DevelopingSafety Program Plan, Functional Hazard Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, CommonMode Analysis…) at the system, subsystem and products levels.
- GenerateSafety requirements and allocate to the system, subsystem and product levels.
- ProvideSafety training to internal / external customers on Safety design process andSafety analyses.
- Developand maintain internal Safety engineering processes and procedures that supportthe systems / products design, analysis validation and verification.
- Executethe systems / products design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned Safetyprojects adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, andproduct/program requirements.
- Coordinatewith suppliers to define their Safety programs and oversee their efforts asneeded.
- Providetimely communications on significant flight Safety issues or developments.
- Supportprogram pursuit and proposal by developing safety programs specificallydesigned in response to internal and external customer requirements.
- Bachelordegree or above, major in Avionics, Electrical Engineering, SystemsEngineering, Computer Engineering/Sciences, Mathematics, or other relatedEngineering and Science fields from an accredited institution.
- Minimum10 years of Safety engineering experience in system development environment ofairborne/avionics or related industry.
- Establishedexperiences in Safety analyses and assessments, Safety requirements developmentand allocation.
- Proficiencywith relevant industry standards, especially ARP4754A, ARP4761.
- Abilityto work effectively and productively with team members and cross functionalteams.
- Proficiencywith CAFTA or other commonly used industry Safety software tools.
- Abilityto interface effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strongwritten and verbal communication skills in English.
- Willingnessto relocate to Shanghai, China.
- Safetyengineering experience through full development life cycles of aviationproducts.
- Familiaritywith IMA regulation and industry standards, especially AC20-170, DO-297.
- Familiaritywith other avionic products Safety assessment (e.g. flight control systems).
- Familiaritywith aircraft level Safety assessment.
- Familiaritywith system, hardware or software design, verification and validationprocesses.
- Backgroundin Aerospace electronics / avionics engineering, development and qualificationincluding DO-178B, DO-254 and DO-160G standards.
- Familiaritywith reliability, maintainability and testability engineering practices andcorresponding industry standards, procedures and methodologies, especiallyMIL-HDBK-217F or HDBK-217FPlus.
- Familiaritywith Windchill Quality Solution or other commonly used industry reliabilitysoftware tools.
- Strongtechnical aptitude, including engineering tools and systems.
- Strongoral and written communication skills, bilingual (EN&CN) is a plus.
- Stronginterpersonal and leadership skills, ability of guiding and influencing others.
- Resultsdriven, ability of working under pressure.
- Strongproblem solving, interpersonal and leadership skills.
AVIAGE SYSTEMS is a 50/50 joint venture between General Electric Company (GE) and Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) .
Building on a historic partnership between two world-leading aerospace companies, AVIAGE SYSTEMS aims to elevate the future of flight by unleashing our world-class talent, cutting-edge innovation and powerful partnerships.