- The Principal Safety Engineer is responsible for conducting the Safety assessment of avionic systems / products for AVIAGE SYSTEMS and will report to the S&RMT (Safety & Reliability, Maintainability Testability) Technical Manager within the Chief Engineering Organization.
- This position serves as systems safety domain expert for AVIAGE SYSTEMS, requires extensive experience and in-depth knowledge of safety activities starting at the avionic system / product level, with experience at the aircraft level being desirable.
- In this role, the Principal Safety Engineer will demonstrate accountability and independence for Safety assessments of avionics systems and products for AVIAGE SYSTEMS, will be responsible to improve safety process and will provide training to the Safety and Systems engineers on safety design process and methods. This role must be capable of developing Safety program plans and executing the Safety activities as per the defined plan (the Principle Safety Engineer must be able to identify Safety requirements based on internal and external customer requirements, conduct applicable analyses and perform requirements validation and verification at system, sub-systems and products level when related to Safety perimeter).
- Conduct Safety analyses and assessments (Developing Safety Program Plan, Functional Hazard Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Common Mode Analysis…) at the system, subsystem and products levels.
- Generate Safety requirements and allocate to the system, subsystem and unit levels.
- Provide Safety training to internal/ external customers on Safety design process and Safety analyses.
- Develop and maintain internal Safety engineering processes and procedures that support the systems/products design, analysis validation and verification.
- Execute the systems / products design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned Safety projects adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product/program requirements.
- Coordinate with suppliers to define their Safety programs and oversee their efforts as needed.
- Provide timely communications on significant flight Safety issues or developments.
- Support program pursuit and proposal by developing safety programs specifically designed in response to internal and external customer requirements.
- Bachelor degree or above, major in Avionics, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering/Sciences, Mathematics, or other related Engineering and Science fields from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 15 years of Safety engineering experience in system development environment of airborne/avionics or related industry.
- Established experiences in Safety analyses and assessments, Safety requirements development and allocation.
- Proficiency with relevant industry standards, especially ARP4754A, ARP4761.
- Ability to work effectively and productively with team members and cross functional teams.
- Proficiency with CAFTA or other commonly used industry Safety software tools.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Willingness to relocate to Shanghai, China.
- Safety engineering experience through full development life cycles of aviation products.Experience on aircraft level safety activitiesFamiliarity with IMA regulation and industry standards, especially AC20-170, DO-297.Familiarity with Cockpit Display System Safety assessment.Familiarity with system, hardware or software design, verification and validation processes.Extensive Background in Aerospace electronics / avionics engineering, development and qualification including DO-178B, DO-254 and DO-160G standards.Familiarity with reliability, maintainability and testability engineering practices and corresponding industry standards, procedures and methodologies, especially MIL-HDBK-217F or HDBK-217FPlus.Familiarity with Windchill Quality Solution or other commonly used industry reliability software tools.Strong technical aptitude, including engineering tools and systems.Strong oral and written communication skills, bilingual (EN&CN) is a plus.Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, ability of guiding and influencing others.Results driven, ability of working under pressure.Strong problem solving, interpersonal and leadership skills.
AVIAGE SYSTEMS is a 50/50 joint venture between General Electric Company (GE) and Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) .
Building on a historic partnership between two world-leading aerospace companies, AVIAGE SYSTEMS aims to elevate the future of flight by unleashing our world-class talent, cutting-edge innovation and powerful partnerships.