- Reliability, Maintainability, and Testability (RMT) and Failure Reporting, Analysis, and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) under Engineering is responsible for all aspects of RMT/FRACAS development phase activities within AVIAGE. As the Subject Matter Expert, the senior RMT engineer provide professional RMT support to all projects, including reliability and maintainability predictions and analyses, testability analyses, maintainability demonstrations, dispatch reliability analysis, environmental stress screening, and highly accelerated stress testing.The duties also includes RMT capability building, and support the environmental tests reviews and implementation.
- Define/allocate RMT requirements
- Perform Reliability Predictions
- Perform Dispatch Reliability Predictions
- Perform Failure Modes Effects Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
- Support Reliability Test Planning and Execution (Accelerated, Growth, Demonstration)
- Perform FRACAS tasks including trend analysis and facilitate failure investigations
- Perform Built-In-Test (BIT) analysis, implementation, and validation
- Assess RMT performance
- Perform environmental stress screening tests plans and procedures
- Support the environmental qualification tests reviews and implementation
- Verify the equipment’s specified maintainability repair time predictions
- Perform Maintainability Demonstration
- Determine the effects of failures on mission and maintenance and to develop the equipment’s test design to optimize mission success, system performance, maintainability, and maintenance requirements
- Develop reliability predictions using Relex
- Support capability building within AVIAGE of all maters regarding RMT, including mentoring and training junior RMT engineers
- Work closely with the system safety team, hence actively participating in the product safety certification
- Interact with engineers, subcontractors, suppliers, program managers and customers during the investigation, documentation and resolution of system failures
- 8+ years’ engineering experience working on electronic equipment.
- M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering
- Min 3 years’ experiences working on RMT or equivalent
- Experience with Reliability Engineering Concepts, failure investigations, or root cause/corrective action
- Assessing RMT performance (MTBF, dispatch reliability)
- Conducting data analysis and trending
- Defining / allocating RMT requirements
- Performing Reliability Predictions
- Performing Failure Modes Effects Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
- Perform RMT trade-off analyses
- Experience assessing RMT performance of fielded equipment.
- Experience with Testability
- Strong communication skills; Ability to present to diverse audiences.
- Knowledge of system safety engineering
- Experience with OEM level supporting activities (e.g. MMEL).
- Knowledge of DOORS and relex
AVIAGE SYSTEMS is a 50/50 joint venture between General Electric Company (GE) and Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) .
Building on a historic partnership between two world-leading aerospace companies, AVIAGE SYSTEMS aims to elevate the future of flight by unleashing our world-class talent, cutting-edge innovation and powerful partnerships.