[ IRC4787 ] Senior DFM Engineer
Shanghai, China发布时间：1 月前
- This role will be responsible for working and collaborating with supply chain team to define, implement and enhance the DFM (Design for Manufacturing) strategy and solution for AVIAGE new products. The DFM engineer will research, develop and implement design for manufacturing solutions in conjunction with operation team. He/she will gather technical requirements, lead DFM activities, support detailed analysis (hardware/mechanical), manufacturing NPI (New Product Introductions) and sustaining activities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams and supply chain team through the NPI process to ensure the robust DFM, providing expertise in product manufacturability.
- Develop and lead DFM initiatives and activities including setting DFM targets and standards, reduce assembly part count, standardize parts and assembly, modularize assembly where possible, design for efficient joining and minimize re-orientation of parts during manufacturing or assembly to reduce manual inputs required during fabrication.
- Works closely with Design Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Component Engineers, and manufacture Engineers to build PCB component footprints. Develop and maintain mechanical component and electrical component libraries by taking assembly, reliability and DFM points into account.
- Define manufacturing and assembly requirements as design input, streamline and minimize manufacturing operations and processes; define ‘acceptable’ surface finishes and tolerances.
- Participate in product review at part/component level for ease of manufacturing and assembly.
- Identify and communicate with cross function team on manufacturability and assembly concerns and risks as needed; provide clear DFM design change recommendations.
- Facilitate DFM guideline development applicable to the specific product category and manufacturing facility.
- Facilitate DFM guideline executions to the specific product.
- Participate in manufacturing readiness review and process validation builds to ensure flawless mass production launch.
- Work with supplier chain team to develop new manufacture supplier as the product needs.
- Listen the issue from manufacture and responsibility for Manufacturing Failure Analysis.
- Bachelor's degree in Automation, Mechanical, Electrical.
- At least 8 years of experience in Design for Manufacturing Area.
- At least 5 years of SMT or module assembly.
- Familiar with industrial standard (for example, IPC - including general SMT cosmetic spec of IPC 610, MSD, rework, ESD)
- Ability to provide design for manufacturing solutions based on CAD models and drawings.
- Ability to define manufacturing and assembly requirements, streamline and minimize manufacturing operations and process.
- Deep understanding of Mechanical Part/Assembly manufacturing and Quality management.
- Design experience on mechanical parts and assembly
- Experience on using CAD/DFM Tools
- Master's degree in Engineering.
- Familiar with AS9100 or NADCAP.
- Skilled with ePD-expedition workflow and UG toolset.
- Familiar with DFM Valor work flow.
- Self-motivation on multiple tasks and projects with various stakeholder.
- Ability to independently achieve results in a cross-functional environment.
- Strive for innovation to new ideas and approaches to address new challenges.
- Previous experience in the aviation or automotive industrial is highly preferred.
- Good oral and written English skills.