- The role will be directly involved in the definition, architect and implementation of embedded software for Avionics Cockpit Display System products. The successful candidate is expected to have strong software background, communication skills and self-driven spirit to use his experience and problem solving skills to develop practical and innovative software solutions.
- Develop high-performance embedded graphics software on a resource constrained platform for avionics cockpit display system and products
- Develop display prototypes, demonstrate and evaluate advanced designs for validation and proof of concepts and transfer to product development.
- Support technical and product roadmap development and perform trade-off studies to assess and select the right emerging technologies
- Work closely with Hardware Engineer, System Engineer, Verification and Test Engineer to define the entire system architecture, integrate modules and components and deliver high performance, scalable and power efficient Real-Time embedded 2D/3D graphics solutions
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Identifies and proposes technical improvements using engineering knowledge and principals.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to other engineers in line with business needs
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Support project planning and ensure execution to schedule and budget
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or Computer Science
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience developing embedded software solutions for airborne systems and products
- Demonstrate experience in embedded 2D/3D graphics software for Displays
- Demonstrate experience in re-factoring, optimizing, and enhancing 2D embedded graphics algorithms and 2D graphics acceleration development
- Experience with 2D/3D Software Rendering
- Strong expertise in Math about Computing Graphics
- Demonstrates mastery of relevant software engineering tools (configuration management systems, build processes, debuggers, emulators, simulators and logic analyzers)
- Experience with programming with RTOS like ARINC 653
- Experience with HMI MBD tools such as SCADE, GL Studio, iData or VAPs
- Ability to independently achieve results in a cross-functional environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and perform well in an international organization
- Ability to understand and implement requirements from customer, company and industry standards
- Extensive background in Aerospace electronics/Avionics engineering and development and familiar with DO-178B/C, ARP4754A, DO-297, DO-330, and DO-160 standards.
- Knowledge of Avionics communications protocols such as ARINC 664, ARINC 825 and ARINC 429
- Experience with image processing and video processing is a plus
- Experience in non-avionics 2D graphics is a plus such as 2D Vector Drawing libaries such as Cairo, QuartZ 2D or Skia, 2D GUI toolkit such as GTK, Flutter or QT, 2D Animtion System, 2D Scenegraph
- Knowledge of GPU architectures or 2D/3D Graphics Drivers
- Knowledge in industry Graphics API, such as OpenGL ES/OpenGL SC, Vulkan, EGL, OpenVG
- Human Factor experience
- Experience with A661 protocol
AVIAGE SYSTEMS is a 50/50 joint venture between General Electric Company (GE) and Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) .
Building on a historic partnership between two world-leading aerospace companies, AVIAGE SYSTEMS aims to elevate the future of flight by unleashing our world-class talent, cutting-edge innovation and powerful partnerships.