- This role will be a significant contributor to FPGA design for Avionics Display System (DS) products in AVIAGE SYSTEMS. This role will be responsible for the FPGA front-end, back-end design and verification which include defining top-level architecture as well as sub-level architecture for RTL coding, synthesizing, P&R, defining verification methodology, building verification test bench, verifying RTL functionality vs. requirements, performing timing analysis and code coverage checking.
- Lead the activities of Display board level FPGA requirement capture, architecture definition, design, synthesis, place & route and timing analysis, choose the key technologies and components
- Work on FPGA firmware architecture to cover the needs of key market and applications for Display product and meet technical and financial constraints by using combination of modeling, simulation, prototyping, testing and analysis methods
- Design and implement 2D real-time Embedded Graphics solutions into FPGAs, including but not limited to 2D embedded accelerated graphics rendering, 2D Image Frame Integrity Monitor, and 2D Image Scene Compositor
- Develop DS prototypes, demonstrate and evaluate advanced designs, integrate and test FPGA on Display Assembly Unit to proof of concepts and transfer to display product development
- Work closely with Software Engineer, System Engineer, Verification and Test Engineer to define the entire system architecture, integrate modules and components, and deliver high performance, scalable and power efficient Real-Time embedded 2D/3D graphics solutions
- Provide the FPGA design documents, including but not limited to hardware development plan, hardware design specification, hardware verification plan, hardware test procedure, hardware verification report, hardware and software interface specification to meet development process and certification requirement.
- Perform circuit calculations and analysis, including but not limited to power consumption calculation, MTBF calculation, signal integrity analysis, etc.
- Provide consultation and technical direction to logic device development and certification
- Provide engineering support on FPGA performance, cost reduction and quality initiatives
- Design and capture schematics, lead the design reviews
- Lead procurement and manufacturing suppliers
- Serve as a mentor to less experienced design engineers
- Support project planning and ensure execution to schedule and budget
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 10 years in FPGA front-end/back-end design and electronics system design.
- Practical and solid design experience on Real-Time Embedded Graphics FPGA design (Verilog or VHDL).
- Demonstrate experience in developing firmware architecture and code for systems implementing 2D Embedded Graphics and Image or Video signal processing algorithms
- Demonstrate experience in different families of FPGAs, e.g. Xilinx Zynq-7000
- Demonstrate experience in embedded parallel pixel processing and Memory management.
- Experience with FPGA IP Core development, such as ROPs, BitBLT, Frame Integrity Monitor etc.
- In-depth knowledge in communication protocols and industry standard interface such as PCI, PCIe, DDR2/DDR3, I2S, SPI, I2C, UART, Ethernet
- Experience with Video protocol and data format, such as MIPI, SDI, HDMI, DP, VGA
- Expertise in laboratory debug techniques (proficient with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators). Hands-on laboratory experience is critical and required
- Theoretical and practical EMI/EMC experience, proficient in the EMI/ESD and lightning protection circuits design
- Experience in low-power design & verification methodology
- Experience in driving suppliers
- Fluent in English, both in written and oral, be able to communicate and discuss the technical issues and questions with global team in English, both in Email and on the phone
- “Can-do” spirit, be able to quickly adapt to changing environment, rigorous
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or Computer Science
- Knowledge of Avionics standards: DO-178B/C, DO-254, ARP4754A, ARP4761, ARINC 664, ARINC 429, ARINC 825-4, ARINC 653, etc.
- Knowledge of component failure mode, derating calculation, FMEA
- Avionics (DO-160G) or automotive EMI/EMC troubleshooting and qualification testing
- Ability to write software in one of the following languages: C, C++, Ada or Python
- Experience in 2D Embedded Graphics Algorithms and 2D/3D Graphics Hardware driver development
- Experience in Image Processing or Video Processing
- Experience in with RTOS like ARINC 653
- Knowledge in industry Graphics API such as OpenVG, OpenGL or Vulkan
- Hardware certification experience
AVIAGE SYSTEMS is a 50/50 joint venture between General Electric Company (GE) and Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) .
Building on a historic partnership between two world-leading aerospace companies, AVIAGE SYSTEMS aims to elevate the future of flight by unleashing our world-class talent, cutting-edge innovation and powerful partnerships.