[ IRC4989 ] Principal System Engineer
Phoenix, US发布时间：1 月前
- Role Summary/Purpose
- Be a part of Ecosystem team! We create value for the users and enable OEMs and Hosted Function suppliers in Aviation area to execute their product development process more efficiently, through the use of new tools, labs and improved processes in Ecosystem.
- This role will be a leader or significant contributor and technical decision maker for the AVIAGE SYSTEMS modeling and simulation products system architecture for both AAM and Part 23/25 commercial aircraft platform. The successful candidate is expected to have strong technical background and practical expertise in the aircraft system modeling and simulation. This position on the Ecosystem team will work in a small group to understand the needs of the customer and translate them into a set of product requirements. The architect will need to leverage a wide-breath of experience across multiple technologies and aviation disciplines to leapfrog any existing designs.
- The role is expected to have strong communication skills and work closely with marketing and business teams to ensure that developed solutions serve market and business needs. The role will work actively with both customers and suppliers/partners to identify new product opportunities and requirements, propose and define cost effective product solutions to meet customer needs.
- The responsibilities include system architecture definition, research of adjacent industry technologies and presenting concepts for approval by company leaders. Following approval the architect will prototype their design for confirmation of their initial concepts. Additional responsibilities will include analyzing and validating compliance to the aviation regulations.
- Additionally, the role will guide others in achieving technical excellence by demonstrating technical leadership on projects and through mentoring and other capability building activities. You will guide and influence the Ecosystem team to make the best decisions regarding systems design, including support of current industry standards and future capabilities.
- Essential Functions/Responsibilities
- Provide consultation and technical direction to the engineering community on near term and longer-range projects with substantial business impact
- Remain current in the state of the art within own technical specialty for new products introduction activity, performance improvements, cost reductions and problem resolutions
- Build solid relationships with key customers and suppliers
- Be a recognized leader in defining the state of the art in own technical specialty in order to anticipate, develop and apply technology to current and future business opportunities.
- Provide engineering support, within one's specialty, to teams working on performance, cost reduction and quality initiatives
- Protect the Intellectual Property rights of the Company
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to less experienced engineers in line with business needs
- Develop and implement training modules as necessary
- Implement plans to meet technical requirements, scheduling, and contract commitments of assigned work areas
- Develop action plans to respond to issues/ problems
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Provide assistance to other personnel and assigned cross functional teams
- Lead or participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
- Recommend approaches to meet technical and program requirements
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or Computer Science
- At least 10 additional years of experience working directly with aircraft system modeling and simulation
- Experienced in C/C++, Matlab/Simulink for modeling and simulation.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand and implement customer, company and industry standards
- Desired Characteristics
- Master's degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or Computer Science
- Familiar with MBSE/MBD methodology and tools
- Ability to operate within a project based environment, defining, reporting against and modifying project plans to achieve success.
- Ability to independently achieve results in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to engage and build positive relationships with both internal and external customers
- Specific experience of working within one of the following development lifecycle phases; Requirements Capture & Definition, System Integration, Verification.
- Specific experience of working with one or more of the following standards; ARP4754, DO297, DO254, DO178, DO160, ARINC 424, ARINC 429, ARINC 615, ARINC 653, ARINC 661, ARINC 664, ARINC 665, ARINC 702, ARINC 706, ARINC 735, ARINC 768, ARINC 816, ARINC 818, ARINC 825.
- Specific experience of developing software either for flight use or to support development of Systems artifacts with items such as Integration/Verification Test Scripts, Qualified or Developmental Software Tools.
- Specific experience of developing or implementing Multi-Generational Product Plans and/or Multi-Generational Technology Plans.
- Specific experience of using either Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) or proprietary systems modelling tools to define, optimize or configure system designs.
- Specific experience of working with one or more of the following Aircraft Systems; Cockpit Displays, Integrated Modular Avionics, Flight Management System, Onboard Maintenance System, Flight Recording System, Auto-Flight Control System, Communication System, Navigation System, Surveillance System, Primary or Secondary Power Generation or Distribution, Water & Waste System, Fuel Management System, Fire Protection System, Passenger or Crew Oxygen System or other Aircraft Systems.