[ IRC4925 ] Technical Manager - Software
Shanghai, China发布时间：1 月前
- The DAI Software Technical Manager demonstrates leadership in communicating project goals for software design and development and develops practical and innovative ways to identify and meet these project goals. In this role you will be responsible for work that is less defined in scope, utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others and have the ability to affect both short-term and long-term business goals. You will achieve success through a combination of leadership and management of an assigned team of direct reports and your own individual contribution.
- Translate company strategy into team action and define product and technology strategy according to business growth need
- Serve as a leader to provide consultancy, guidance and direction for the development and execution of Software design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Ensure the formulation and implementation of plans to achieve technical requirements, scheduling and contract commitments
- Develop action plans to anticipate and respond to problems with strong customer mindset
- Apply critical thinking and align technical roadmap to the company strategy
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Make complex and difficult technical decisions and provide appropriate technical leadership to other personnel, both individual contributors and other technical leaders, and assigned cross functional teams; mentor others in the organization
- Initiate, lead or participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Monitor and communicate project status, business issues, and significant developments
- Develop technical capabilities of self and others in line with business needs
- Ensure appropriate assignment of tasking and areas of technical responsibility in order to both meet project schedule and develop assigned directly reporting staff
- In accordance with company policies, perform Line Management duties for all directly reporting staff and support for non-directly reporting staff, including employee performance management & employee approvals
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or Computer Science
- At least 10 additional years of experience in engineering
- At least 3 years of experience in engineering management of a team
- Proven ability to coach and guide others and execute & influence in a matrix organization with effective problem solving skills
- Ability to engage and build positive relationships with both internal and external customers and suppliers
- Strong oral and written communication skills both in Chinese and English and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong technical aptitude in relation to product development and complex systems.
- Specific experience of working development lifecycle phases; Requirements Capture and Development and Detailed Design including Validation, Coding,
- Familiar with C, C++, Ada, Matlab, Simulink.
- Experience of working with DO178B/C & Job Aid.
- Specific experience of working with the following aircraft systems; Onboard Maintenance System, Information System, Digital Application, Inegrated Modular Avionics, Cockpit Displays.
- Master's degree in Engineering
- At least 10 additional years of experience in engineering in the Aviation Industry
- At least 5 years of experience in engineering management
- Strong process orientation in approach to work
- Ability to influence others, create cohesive groups and lead teams
- Project management and team organization experience
- Experience of working with DO330/331, ARP4754A, DO297
- Specific experience of leading and managing teams in terms of their technical direction, progress of assigned work areas and overall performance management