[ IRC4199 ] Department Leader - Chief Engineers
Shanghai, China发布时间：1 月前
- The Chief Engineers Department Leader is responsible for leading a team of technical Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and other critical engineering resources (Certification, Safety and Design Quality Assurance) to assure effective execution on all company projects and programs, while facilitating technical core capability growth in all identified areas of company focus within the Engineering Organization. This leadership role will manage a team that assures execution on program objectives and tasks related to Safety, Certification, Systems, Security and Design Quality Assurance (DQA), over a broad product mix of civil aerospace and ground transportation systems, manage complex technical issues, being involved in long-term planning, and contributing to the overall business strategy. The role provides personnel oversight, technical guidance, and leadership for critical technical COEs and other Engineering capabilities reporting directly to the Engineering Leader.
- The CED Leader is responsible for the overall management of the SME technical resources for Systems, Security and IMA design. This role also provides leadership for the DQA, Certification and Safety Teams, including staffing and budget management. S/he must demonstrate leadership in communicating technical objectives aligned to business goals, organizational capability development, programs objectives, and process compliance. Provides expertise in technical guidance in support of commercial system development activities and business initiatives with internal and external customers. Develops and maintains strong working relationships with cross-functional teams at AVIAGE and counterpart organizations from Customer, partners, suppliers, as well as Certification Regulatory Authorities. Facilitates technology roadmaps internal to the engineering organization, assuring alignment to Business Development objectives and overall Company goals.Enforces compliance with Safety, Certification, DQA processes and standards, sharing best practices and technical guidance across the Organization and business.Provides ongoing leadership to develop project deployment strategies, and priorities to meet schedules, quality, and Organizational objectives.Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting assigned projects to execute the design, analysis, or evaluation/technical audit of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product /program requirements.Support the Bid and Proposal of new projects and programs specifically designed in response to internal and external customer requirements.Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments.
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews.Develop outreach and training programs for the Engineering population.Provide technical expertise to each Product Team as required to assure success on all projects/programs.Learn and advance technologies within the team to assure each SME is personally positioned at the cutting edge of the technical community and industry as our technical discipline experts within the company.Develop specific discipline knowledge and capabilities within the Organization through talent acquisition, mentoring, co-development and lab environment/demonstration projects to support the technical pipeline and technology roadmap.Create general technical awareness within the Engineering community for specific disciplines or identified technical areas, i.e. Certification and Safety.
- Masters of Science in an Engineering discipline At least 20 years of experience in related engineering positions including leading teams of engineers, specialists, and individuals across the business. Familiarity with TC, STC, TSO/ETSO approval process, FAA FAR, EASA CS, Advisory Circulars, Orders and Notices, specifically in ARP4761, ARP4754A, DO-178B, DO-254, DO-297, etc.Ability to guide and influence others, effective team building and problem solving skills. Ability to define and convey a vision of technical understanding and vision aligned with business objectives.
- Clearly evident technical acuity in complex systems design, analysis and certification.Strong oral and written communication skills Demonstrated track record of leading technical teams.Extensive experience in Avionics development activities.Extensive experience working with the design/analysis of complex Avionics products.Familiarity with software design and verification, complex logic design and verification.Familiarity with aircraft subsystems, particularly Avionics and associated regulationsFamiliarity with Safety engineering practices and associated industry standards, policies and procedures.Ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization and external customerUnderstanding of the principles of the entire engineering development process, the associated documentation flow and associated tools.Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.